The UK Elite Orienteering League defines the must-do races for elites and aspiring elites. It consists of the most competitive races at biggest events, and it will provide a true test to find the best ‘all round’ orienteers in the UK.
Final Standings for the 2017 league!
- Senior Men: 1st Jonathan Crickmore, 2nd Alexander Chepelin, 3rd Douglas Tullie
- U23 Men: 1st Alexander Chepelin, 2nd Michael Adams, 3rd Adam Potter
- Senior Women: 1st Tessa Strain, 2nd Megan Carter-Davies, 3rd Kirstin Maxwell
- U23 Women: 1st Megan Carter-Davies, 2nd Sarah Jones, 3rd Rona Lindsay
- M20: 1st Nathan Lawson, 2nd= Alexander Chepelin and Alistair Masson
- W20: 1st Fiona Bunn, 2nd Grace Malloy, 3rd Jennifer Ricketts
- M18: 1st Finlay Todd, 2nd Alistair Thomas, 3rd Freddie Carcas
- W18: 1st Fiona Bunn, 2nd Grace Malloy, 3rd= Lindsay Robertson and Emma Wilson
Congratulations to all.
If you are interested in sponsoring the 2018 league, either with a contribution to the cash prize fund, or with clothing, or equipment, please email us. In return we can promise publicity at the major races in the UK orienteering calendar 2018, as well as being associated with the elite orienteering scene.
2017 league events
|Date||Event||Location||Senior league?||Junior league?||Website|
|Sat 25th March||Special junior selection race (*)||Warwick University||Not part of senior league||Sprint||details|
|Sun 26th March||Warwickshire Orienteering Weekend & Midlands Champs||Bentley Wood||Not part of senior league||Middle||website|
|Sat 1st April||Double Dukes||South Achray||Middle||Middle||website|
|Sun 2nd April||Double Dukes||Trossachs||Long||Long||website|
|Fri 14th April||JK Sprint (WRE)||Brunel University||Sprint||Sprint||website|
|Sat 15th April||JK Middle (WRE)||Ambersham Common||Middle||Middle||website|
|Sun 16th April||JK Long (WRE)||Holmbush||Long||Long||website|
|Sat 6th May||British Champs Long||High Dam||Long||Long||website|
|Sat 20th May||Scottish Champs||Gullane Dunes||Long||Long||website|
(*) Note: the scores for the first UKEOL junior league race were taken from the special junior sprint selection race being staged at Warwick University for M/W18-20s. This was separate from the main Rugby urban race on Saturday (which was not part of UKEOL).
Juniors: Best 5 scores from first 8 races to count, plus the final Scottish Champs race
Seniors: Best 4 scores from first 6 races to count, plus the final Scottish Champs race