The UK Elite Orienteering League defines the must-do races for elites and aspiring elites. It consists of the most competitive races at biggest events, and it will provide a true test to find the best ‘all round’ orienteers in the UK.
2019 Is Coming
Planning is underway for the 2019 UK Elite League which is set to be another cracker. We’ve got more sprint races in the programme, a more rounded geographical distribution and are just awaiting final confirmation on a couple of events. Racing will start in early March and end in May. Offical announcement coming soon.
Final Standings For The 2018 League
- Senior Men: 1st Chris Smithard, 2nd Alasdair McLeod 3rd Will Gardner
- U23 Men: 1st Matt Elkington, 2nd Ali Masson, 3rd Alexander Chepelin
- Senior Women: 1st Jessica Tullie, 2nd Sarah Jones, 3rd Aislinn Prendergast
- U23 Women: 1st Sarah Jones, 2nd Megan Carter-Davies, 3rd Cecilie Andersen
- M20: 1st Alex Carcas, 2nd Matthew Fellbaum, 3rd Alastair Thomas
- M18: 1st Alastair Thomas, 2nd Daniel Spencer, 3rd Joseph Wright
- W20: 1st Grace Molloy, 2nd Chloe Potter, 3rd Niamh Hunter
- W18: 1st Grace Molloy, 2nd Niamh Hunter, 3rd Eilidh Campbell
2018 league events
|Date||Event||Organisation||Location||Senior league||Junior league||Website|
|24th Mar||Scottish Spring||GBR||Rosyth Castlandhill||Sprint||-||website|
|25th Mar||Scottish Spring||GBR||Auchingarrich||Long||-||website|
|30th Mar||JK Sprint||WMOA||MOD Stafford||Sprint||Sprint||website|
|1st April||JK Middle||WMOA||Brereton Spurs||Middle||Middle||website|
|2nd April||JK Long||WMOA||Beaudesert||Long||Long||website|
|14th April||Lakes Weekend||LOC||Graythwaite East||Middle||Middle||website|
|15th April||Lakes Weekend||LOC||Lingmoor||Long||Long||website|
|21st April||Selection special *||EBOR||York University||-||Sprint||website|
|22nd April||Northern Champs||EBOR||Wass||-||Long||website|
|19th May||British Champs||SOA||Balmoral||Long||Long||website|
Juniors & Seniors: Best 4 scores from first 7 races in the respective series to count, plus the final British Champs race. At least 1 and maximum 3 scores from any one discipline (sprint/middle/long) to count. See scoring for full details.
If you are interested in sponsoring the league in future years, either with a contribution to the cash prize fund, or with clothing, or equipment, please email us. In return we can promise publicity at the major races in the UK orienteering calendar, as well as being associated with the elite orienteering scene.